Wednesday 14 March 2018

Save The Bees.

I slipped off my coat in the waiting room after a sunny morning at the allotment and a honey bee flew right out of it. Could have stung me easily but had just been keeping warm, I guess. He flew straight towards the rickety old lead lined windows and started banging against them frantically. I knew my session was about to start but felt compelled to free my bee, I slipped into the chamber and opened a window grabbed a tissue and began swiping my bee towards freedom. Whilst doing this I heard Janis emerge from her chamber to find the waiting room empty. After a couple more provocotive flaps of the tissue my bee found the window and flew off. I closed the window and quick footed it back to the waiting room.

We talked about slipping back into old habits, labelling things, addictive behaviour, and self-hate. Asking why I hate myself is bringing nothing up so how about: ‘What do you hate about yourself?’

Later in the day as I walked the boys back from school I saw a big fat squashed bumblebee on the pavement, next to him another struggled. I put my finger down for him to crawl on and lifted him to the safety of a nearby garden full of Spring bulbs. Erbie's friend screamed in fear, they only sting if they're scared or about to die I say.

I save bees - I don't hate that about myself.


Image: © http://www.lizzieharper.co.uk

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle